Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Cultural, Community, Information
Savannah Music Festival: The Del McCoury Band
Airs Thursday, July 26 at 8:00 p.m. Tune in for a 2010 Savannah Music Festival performance by one of bluegrass music's most accomplished ensembles, the Del McCoury Band. When you think of American roots music, one of the most distinct styles is bluegrass. Bill Monroe once characterized the genre of music he helped create as: "Scottish bagpipes and old-time fiddlin'. It's Methodist and Holiness and Baptist. It's blues and jazz, and it has a high lonesome sound. It's plain music that tells a good story. It is played from my heart to your heart, and it will touch you. Bluegrass is music that matters."