Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Cultural, Community, Information
Savannah Music Festival - The Clayton Brothers Part 1
Airs, Thursday, February 16 at 8:00 p.m. In 2009, brothers Jeff and John Clayton brought their band to the Savannah Music Festival to perform and to participate in Swing Central, SMF's annual high school jazz band workshop and competition. They were joined on stage by John's son, pianist Gerald Clayton, trumpeter Terrell Stafford and drummer Obed Calvaire. Part one of this two-hour radio show features the Clayton Brothers live in the Charles H. Morris Center. One of the most soulful, fiery and fun-loving jazz bands of our time, the Claytons assert their imagination in contexts that are neither mysterious nor exotic. Instead these men share the awareness and responsibility passed on to the more ambitious artists of each generation - that of learning how to redefine the fundamentals while maintaining the essences that give the art its scope and grandeur. In the process, they've removed any pretense by simply ensuring that they have a great time playing music for the audience, which inevitably becomes contagious.