Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Savannah Music Festival
Savannah Music Festival: Chris Thile, Mike Marshall & Caterina Lichtenberg - Part Two
Airs Thursday, Thursday, November 21 at 8 p.m. At the turn of the 20th century when the mandolin became popular in America, a man named Orville Gibson changed its shape and marketability. What had primarily been a fad instrument would soon fall into the hands of players that would forever alter its musical direction. This edition of the Savannah Music Festival Live is the second of two programs featuring a concert from our 2010 festival that included mandolin virtuosos Mike Marshall, Chris Thile and Caterina Lichtenberg, with special guest Sarah Jarosz.