Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Savannah Music Festival
Savannah Music Festival: The Campbell Brothers
Air Thursday, July 4 at 8 p.m. Back in the 1930s, a group of related Pentecostal churches developed an African-American gospel music tradition known as sacred steel. The steel guitar was embraced in worship services in place of the traditional organ. This new instrument was met with great enthusiasm by musicians, many of whom made recordings in the 40s and 50s. Since then, sacred steel has flourished in churches across America, and the tradition continues to be vital and alive today. Tune in for a 2012 Savannah Music Festival performance by one of the foremost exponents of the sacred steel tradition, The Campbell Brothers.