Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Cultural, Community, Information
Savannah Music Festival: Brazilian Duets
Airs Thursday, May 14 at 8:00 p.m. The music of Brazil encompasses a wealth of styles influenced by African, European, and Amerindian forms. After 500 years of history, Brazilian music has developed many unique and original styles such as choro, samba, and bossa nova, all of which have melded with other musical genres from around the world. In this episode, we listen to music performed by Toots Thielemans, Oscar Castro-Neves, Hamilton de Holanda, and Gabriel Grossi, among others.