Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Cultural, Community, Information
Savannah Music Festival: Bill Charlap Trio Part 2
Airs Thursday, November 1 at 8:00 p.m. In this episode, we listen to pianist Bill Charlap and his trio, along with a few guests. The term "Great American Songbook" generally refers to a body of music that includes Broadway theatre, musical theatre, Hollywood musicals, and the so-called Tin Pan Alley period. It include hundreds of songs of enduring popularity written from the Teens through the early 60's in the 20th Century, many of which became, and remain, a vital part of the repertoire of jazz musicians.