Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Cultural, Community, Information
Savannah Music Festival: Bill Charlap Trio Part 1
Airs Thursday, October 25 at 8:00 p.m. In this episode, we listen to pianist Bill Charlap and his trio, along with a few guests. The term "Great American Songbook" generally refers to a body of music that includes Broadway theatre, musical theatre, Hollywood musicals, and the so-called Tin Pan Alley period. It include hundreds of songs of enduring popularity written from the Teens through the early 60's in the 20th Century, many of which became, and remain, a vital part of the repertoire of jazz musicians.