Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Savannah Music Festival
Savannah Music Festival: Ballake Sissoko & Vincent Segal
Airs Thursday, June 26 at 8 p.m. A Savannah Music Festival production entitled "African Interplay" features music from Bob Sadin performed by the Lionel Loueke Ensemble, and began with an enchanting set by kora player Ballake Sissoko and cellist Vincent Segal. When people hear the term "chamber music", more often than not they think of a form of Classical music from the European tradition written for a small number of instruments. In the past 100 years, however, chamber music has grown to include any art music that is performed by a small number of musicians with one player to a part. Malian kora master Ballake Sissoko and French cellist Vincent Segal create an original and intimate sound that comes from both African and European musical traditions.