Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Savannah Music Festival
Savannah Music Festival: Americana
Airs Thursday, July 3 at 8 p.m. In music, the term "Americana" generally refers to a subset of American music that is perhaps best defined as "classic" American music, ranging in style from roots-based bluegrass to alternative country, gospel, blues, zydeco, jazz and other native forms. In this episode, we listen to an array of musical Americana selections recorded at the Savannah Music Festival between 2004 and 2008. Performers include Sam Bush, Mike Marshall, Don Stiernberg, the David Grisman Quintet, Jerry Douglas, Bob Seeley, the Bucky Pizzarelli Trio, Daniel Hope, Tony Williamson and Sebastian Knauer.