Most Active Stories
- Red River Radio Transmitter Upgrades
- Cyber Day is Friday, May 29, at Midnight
- Rural Ark-La-Tex veterans may avoid trips to Shreveport VA for routine care
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- Shreveport-Bossier amateur astronomers complete upgrades to Worley Observatory
Savannah Music Festival
Savannah Music Festival: Americana
Airs Thursday, July 3 at 8 p.m. In music, the term "Americana" generally refers to a subset of American music that is perhaps best defined as "classic" American music, ranging in style from roots-based bluegrass to alternative country, gospel, blues, zydeco, jazz and other native forms. In this episode, we listen to an array of musical Americana selections recorded at the Savannah Music Festival between 2004 and 2008. Performers include Sam Bush, Mike Marshall, Don Stiernberg, the David Grisman Quintet, Jerry Douglas, Bob Seeley, the Bucky Pizzarelli Trio, Daniel Hope, Tony Williamson and Sebastian Knauer.