Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
Cultural, Community, Information
Savannah Music Festival: Americana
Airs Thursday, January 12 at 8:00 p.m. Performers include Sam Bush, Mike Marshall, Don Stiernberg, the David Grisman Quintet, Jerry Douglas, Bob Seeley, the Bucky Pizzarelli Trio, Daniel Hope, Tony Williamson and Sebastian Knauer.
In music, the term "Americana" generally refers to a subset of American music that is perhaps best defined as "classic" American music, ranging in style from roots-based bluegrass to alternative country, gospel, blues, zydeco, jazz and other native forms. In this episode, we listen to an array of musical Americana selections recorded at the Savannah Music Festival between 2004 and 2008.