Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Around the Nation
Santa Amazes Deaf Boy's Mother
Originally published on Tue December 25, 2012 8:42 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. We know Santa has to speak a lot of languages because of his world travels, but he continues to amaze. At a store near Boston, three-year-old Cameron Sylvester had his chance to meet Santa, but the boy, who's legally deaf, stayed back. Santa saw his hearing aid and in sign language asked that magic question: Are you a good boy? Cameron's mother told WCBV News she wanted to cry. A lot of people don't know sign language, she said, but then there's Santa. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.