Most Active Stories
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
- Bossier City Farmer's Market owners: 'We want to keep this going, no interruptions'
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- History Matters: Shreveport businessman Nathan Goldkind had a seat at a deadly card game
San Francisco Symphony
The San Francisco Symphony
Airs Monday, November 11 at 11 a.m. On this week's concert by the San Francisco Symphony, Esa-Pekka Salonen will take the podium and lead the orchestra in music by Sibelius, Salonen, Wagner and Schoenberg. The concert opens with Sibelius' Pohjola's Daughter, Op. 49 and then violinist Leila Josefowcz joines the orchestra for the Violin concerto by Salonen. Soprano Christine Brewer will then be featured in excerpts from Wagner's opera Gotterdammerung and the program concludes with the Five Pieces for Orchestra by Arnold Schoenberg.