Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Around the Nation
Salt Lake City Opens Sealed 1959 Time Capsule
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. People in Salt Lake City got a glimpse of the future, as seen from the past. They discovered a time capsule from 1959. Back then, local leaders were asked to make predictions about the future. They were wrong in guessing that mail would be delivered by rockets or that summer clothes would have built-in cooling coils. The former University of Utah president predicted giant flat-screen TVs like wall panels. And about that, of course, he was right. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.