Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Around the Nation
Salt Lake City Opens Sealed 1959 Time Capsule
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. People in Salt Lake City got a glimpse of the future, as seen from the past. They discovered a time capsule from 1959. Back then, local leaders were asked to make predictions about the future. They were wrong in guessing that mail would be delivered by rockets or that summer clothes would have built-in cooling coils. The former University of Utah president predicted giant flat-screen TVs like wall panels. And about that, of course, he was right. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.