Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Cultural, Community, Information
Russian Accents: Rachmaninoff, Stravinsky and the Piano
Airs Saturday, September 1 at 3:00 p.m. Join us for Part seven of an exploration of the piano music of Rachmaninoff and Stravinsky with commentary by Valery Gergiev, Alexander Toradze, Gianandrea Noseda and Joseph Horowitz. This week we continue our exploration of the piano works of Stravinsky, with Mozart's Fugue in C Minor, K. 546 featuring Igor and Soulima Stravinsky as the pianists. Next we'll hear Stravinsky's Piano Sonata with George Vatchnadze on piano, the Concerto for Piano and Winds featuring the Post Classical Ensemble and Alexander Toradze as the pianist. The hour concludes with the first movement from Stravinsky's Capriccio for Piano and Orchestra featuring Alexander Toradze and Sangwon Kim on piano.