Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Cultural, Community, Information
Russian Accents: Rachmaninoff, Stravinsky and the Piano
Airs Saturday, September 1 at 3:00 p.m. Join us for Part seven of an exploration of the piano music of Rachmaninoff and Stravinsky with commentary by Valery Gergiev, Alexander Toradze, Gianandrea Noseda and Joseph Horowitz. This week we continue our exploration of the piano works of Stravinsky, with Mozart's Fugue in C Minor, K. 546 featuring Igor and Soulima Stravinsky as the pianists. Next we'll hear Stravinsky's Piano Sonata with George Vatchnadze on piano, the Concerto for Piano and Winds featuring the Post Classical Ensemble and Alexander Toradze as the pianist. The hour concludes with the first movement from Stravinsky's Capriccio for Piano and Orchestra featuring Alexander Toradze and Sangwon Kim on piano.