Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Cultural, Community, Information
Russian Accents: Rachmaninoff, Stravinsky and the Piano
Airs Saturday, July 21 at 3:00 p.m. Join us for Part one of an exploration of the piano music of Rachmaninoff with commentary by Valery Gergiev, Alexander Toradze, Gianandrea Noseda and Joseph Horowitz. All performances on this program are live except for Rachmaninoff's 1929 performance. In this hour we'll hear four works by Rachmaninoff:
Excerpts from Second Piano Concerto (Rachmaninoff, piano - 1929)
Etude Tableau in E-Flat Minor, Op. 39 (Vakhtang Kodanashvili, piano)
Variations on a Theme by Chopin (Alexander Korsantia, piano)
Excerpts from Preludes, Op. 32 (Ketevan Badridze, piano)