Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Shape of Shreveport documentary series probes city's past, celebrates its people
- Red River Radio Spotlight: American Boys Choir
- U.S. Mint to debut Kisatchie National Forest commemorative quarter in Alexandria
The Rose Ensemble
The Rose Ensemble: La Nochebuena: A Spanish Renaissance Christmas
Airs Wednesday, December 25 at 11 a.m. In La Nochebuena, The Rose Ensemble explores the great variety of music that filled the royal court of Ferdinand and Isabella, and flooded the chapels and streets of Renaissance Spain. Serene choral music from 16th-century masters is balanced with spirited cantigas for solo voice and harp. Spanish-language villancicos from court and countryside, and lively dances for vihuela, harp and percussion.
Now in its 16th season, the Rose Ensemble reawakens the ancient for the holidays. Bring your listeners this rich variety of seasonal music, beautifully performed and recorded. The Rose Ensemble will transport them to a time and place when the sacred met the earthy in celebration of the season.
The program is hosted and produced by public radio veteran Tom Crann and the Rose Ensemble’s founder & artistic director Jordan Sramek.