Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
The Rose Ensemble
The Rose Ensemble: La Nochebuena: A Spanish Renaissance Christmas
Airs Wednesday, December 25 at 11 a.m. In La Nochebuena, The Rose Ensemble explores the great variety of music that filled the royal court of Ferdinand and Isabella, and flooded the chapels and streets of Renaissance Spain. Serene choral music from 16th-century masters is balanced with spirited cantigas for solo voice and harp. Spanish-language villancicos from court and countryside, and lively dances for vihuela, harp and percussion.
Now in its 16th season, the Rose Ensemble reawakens the ancient for the holidays. Bring your listeners this rich variety of seasonal music, beautifully performed and recorded. The Rose Ensemble will transport them to a time and place when the sacred met the earthy in celebration of the season.
The program is hosted and produced by public radio veteran Tom Crann and the Rose Ensemble’s founder & artistic director Jordan Sramek.