Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Cultural, Community, Information
Rodriguez: Searching For Sugar Man
Airs Friday, July 27 at 9:00 p.m. When Sixto Rodriguez emerged from Detroit in the early 70's, he made two albums that didn't catch the ears of the public in the United States. But in South Africa, Rodriguez became a household name - up there with Bob Dylan and Elvis Presley. South Africans didn't know much about his life, but it was an accepted rumor that he had committed suicide. 25 years later, a couple of fans decided to search for information, and they discovered their hero alive and well- doing manual labor and completely unaware of his impact and success half a world away. In this one-hour radio special, you'll hear from the producers of his records, the people who found him and the director of a documentary about how it all happened, and from Rodriguez himself.