Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
Around the Nation
Rocket Scientist With Mohawk Is Web Sensation
Originally published on Wed August 8, 2012 1:39 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. While NASA put a rover on Mars, audiences were riveted by the high- stakes landing, and also by some high hair. Bobak Ferdowsi was on the mission control team when suddenly, his haircut made him famous. It's a mohawk, streaked in red and with stars dyed on the sides of his head.
"Mohawk Guy" has become an Internet star. He says he gets a new haircut for each mission, with colleagues voting on the design.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.