Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
Around the Nation
Rocket Scientist With Mohawk Is Web Sensation
Originally published on Wed August 8, 2012 1:39 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. While NASA put a rover on Mars, audiences were riveted by the high- stakes landing, and also by some high hair. Bobak Ferdowsi was on the mission control team when suddenly, his haircut made him famous. It's a mohawk, streaked in red and with stars dyed on the sides of his head.
"Mohawk Guy" has become an Internet star. He says he gets a new haircut for each mission, with colleagues voting on the design.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.