Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Richard Thompson On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon April 1, 2013 4:08 pm
Richard Thompson started playing in "The British Byrds," Fairport Convention, when he was only 17. Here, he talks about the band's youthful ambition and his subsequent work as a guitarist-for-hire for the likes of Nick Drake — all before the remarkable solo career that leads us to his new album, Electric, recorded in Nashville with guitarist Buddy Miller producing.
We hear the story behind "The Snow Goose," a ballad made more stark played on acoustic guitar. We and our World Cafe studio audience never tire of Thompson's playing, as his World Cafe visits hit double digits.
This World Cafe segment originally aired on Feb. 26, 2013.