Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Retail Sales And Wholesale Prices Unchanged In August
A sharp drop in energy costs helped keep prices at the wholesale level unchanged in August vs. July, the Bureau of Labor Statistics just reported.
According to BLS, while food costs went up 1.1 percent, energy costs fell 1 percent.
Still, over the 13 months ended Aug. 31 the producer price index rose 6.5 percent, BLS added.
Also this hour, the Census Bureau reported that "retail and food services sales" were "virtually unchanged" in August vs. July — but were up 7.2 percent from August 2010.