Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Public policy institute probes state salaries over $200,000
The New Orleans-based Pelican Institute for Public Policy has released a report on state worker annual salaries that exceed $200,000. A total of 110 state employees currently fall into that category. The vast majority are employed in higher education. Rep. Simone Champagne, R-Erath, has passed a resolution requesting the Board of Regents to study executive compensation at the university system offices and boards and report back to the Legislature in Feb. 2013.