Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Around the Nation
President Obama Crashes Iowa Wedding
Originally published on Thu September 20, 2012 6:53 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A Des Moines couple learned of a sudden change to their wedding. WOI reports the president held a campaign rally at the same location. After that disruption, they received a gift bag with a silver tray and a note from Barack Obama. The newlyweds are not Democrats, but the groom says, love him or hate him, it's a gift from the president. He says the president should leave a lifetime tax exemption the next time he crashes a wedding, but that leads to a whole other story. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.