Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
President Bill Clinton hails Murphy Oil on scholarship fund
Former President Bill Clinton spoke at El Dorado High School's sixth annual Academic Signing Day. The ceremony recognized El Dorado-based Murphy Oil's $50 million scholarship fund, and more than 300 seniors who will take advantage of the generous tuition scholarship. The scholarship director says over the past five years, the Promise Fund has paid out $8.5 million in tuition costs for nearly 1,000 El Dorado High School graduates.