Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Poet of the Ordinary - Photographs by Keith Carter
Power Outage Delays Start Of Monday Night Football
Originally published on Tue December 20, 2011 7:14 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Linda Wertheimer. If you were ready for some football last night, too bad. The aptly named Candlestick Park in San Francisco lost electricity twice, causing a Monday Night Football lighting malfunction. The game started 20 minutes late due to darkness. The second-quarter blackout lasted almost as long.
Suspended Steeler James Harrison Tweeted: If I can't play, can't nobody play. Lights out. When the lights came on, the '49ers won. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.