Most Active Stories
- Red River Radio Transmitter Upgrades
- Rural Ark-La-Tex veterans may avoid trips to Shreveport VA for routine care
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- Wanna Go To Fit City? List Ranks America's 50 Fittest Metro Areas
Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra 2014
Airs Monday, July 21 at 11 a.m. On this week's broadcast concert by the Pittsburgh Symphony music director Manfred Honeck will be joined by soprano Simona Saturova, baritone Gregg Baker, the Mendelssohn Choir of Pittsburgh, and narrator Christopher Hahn for an opera showcase featuring works by Wagner and Verdi including Richard Wagner’s Prelude to Act III from Lohengrin and Wagner’s “Siegfried’s Funeral March” from Gotterdammerung. Also on the program, Elsa’s Dream and Elsa’s Procession to the Cathedral from Lohengrin; the Song of the Evening Star and the Entrance of the Guests into the Wartburg from Tannhauser; and the Chorus of the Norwegian Sailors from Wagner's The Flying Dutchman. From Verdi we'll hear the Prelude to Act 1 of La Traviata as well as the arias “Ah! fors’e lui…Sempre libera,” “Di Provenza il mar,” and the “Choruses of the Gypsies and Matadors.” Also featured are arias from Nabucco, Don Carlo, Aida, and Il Trovatore.