Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra 2014
Airs Monday, July 21 at 11 a.m. On this week's broadcast concert by the Pittsburgh Symphony music director Manfred Honeck will be joined by soprano Simona Saturova, baritone Gregg Baker, the Mendelssohn Choir of Pittsburgh, and narrator Christopher Hahn for an opera showcase featuring works by Wagner and Verdi including Richard Wagner’s Prelude to Act III from Lohengrin and Wagner’s “Siegfried’s Funeral March” from Gotterdammerung. Also on the program, Elsa’s Dream and Elsa’s Procession to the Cathedral from Lohengrin; the Song of the Evening Star and the Entrance of the Guests into the Wartburg from Tannhauser; and the Chorus of the Norwegian Sailors from Wagner's The Flying Dutchman. From Verdi we'll hear the Prelude to Act 1 of La Traviata as well as the arias “Ah! fors’e lui…Sempre libera,” “Di Provenza il mar,” and the “Choruses of the Gypsies and Matadors.” Also featured are arias from Nabucco, Don Carlo, Aida, and Il Trovatore.