Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Around the Nation
Photo Helps Track Down Calif. Lottery Winner
Originally published on Fri November 2, 2012 10:43 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. In California, a surveillance photo made the news and was plastered all over the liquor store where it was snapped. The blurry photo showed a woman approaching the cash register, the object of a massive manhunt by the state's lottery. She was suspected of buying a winning ticket worth $23 million. Yesterday, alerted by her daughter, who'd seen the surveillance photo, just ahead of the deadline to claim her millions, the woman came forward. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.