Most Active Stories
- LSU Health Shreveport librarians create comic book about childhood obesity problem
- Navy Week brings dozens of sailors to Shreveport/Bossier
- Health Matters: Breaking the chain - Addiction to Porn and Adolescents
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
Support Red River Radio
Our First Drawing: House of the Seasons two-night stay
Our first drawing will be for a two-night stay at the House of the Seasons in Jefferson, Texas. Your stay includes breakfast in the historic dining room and dinner for two at Memories and More Restaurant and Piano Bar. You will also receive a tour of the historic home including a trip to the cupola. This drawing will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, March 2. Everyone who makes a pledge before then is automatically entered into the drawing. Make your Pledge NOW by calling 800-552-8502 or pledge online here: DONATE NOW!
The House of the Seasons in Historic Jefferson, Texas is a fabulous home with two outstanding features:
1. The Cupola (the structure at the very top of the house) with its Colored Windows on four sides reflecting the seasons of the year –thus the name House of the Seasons
2. The exquisite hand painted dome in the ceiling of the second floor The House is one of the 10 most important historic homes in Texas. It is featured in the “Great Homes of Texas” Book by Lisa Germany. The house is open for tours at 11:00 am daily. Advance reservations are required. Private tours are available for groups of 10 or more people.
The Carriage House next to the historic home features exclusive lodging in four Suites. The Suites are oversized with king beds, showers, Jacuzzi’s and all the amenities. The guests at the House of the Seasons dine in the historic dining room for a full course gourmet breakfast, received a free tour of the historic home and a trip to the third floor to visit the Cupola. Only guests are allowed to tour the Cupola. The House of the Seasons is the perfect place to hold your Wedding, Family Reunion or Special Event. Please call 903-665-8000 to book your next Event or Romantic Weekend Getaway.
About The House Of The Seasons
The House of the Seasons was purchased by Richard H. Collins in 1973 and restored from 1974 to 1976. The House is now owned by the Calvert K. Collins Family Foundation, a charitable foundation named for Mr. Collins mother, the first woman on the Dallas City Council. The House is operated as a historic museum and bed and breakfast with exclusive dining and fine wines. Shirley Reiman is the VP and General Manager of the House of the Seasons.
Our House guests will receive a private table to enjoy a full breakfast. The staff tries to have every amenity that you may require for a pleasant stay here at the House of the Seasons.