Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
Ophthalmologist warns of fireworks hazards
The American Academy of Ophthalmology spokeswoman Dr. Monica Monica, a New Orleans area eye doctor, says children should not play with sparklers and backyard fireworks should only be handled by an adult wearing safety glasses. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates 1,600 Americans injure their eyes using fireworks each year.