Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
Ophthalmologist warns of fireworks hazards
The American Academy of Ophthalmology spokeswoman Dr. Monica Monica, a New Orleans area eye doctor, says children should not play with sparklers and backyard fireworks should only be handled by an adult wearing safety glasses. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates 1,600 Americans injure their eyes using fireworks each year.