Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Ophthalmologist warns of fireworks hazards
The American Academy of Ophthalmology spokeswoman Dr. Monica Monica, a New Orleans area eye doctor, says children should not play with sparklers and backyard fireworks should only be handled by an adult wearing safety glasses. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates 1,600 Americans injure their eyes using fireworks each year.