Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Around the Nation
Ohio Church Makes Lenten Ashes Easy To Receive
Originally published on Thu February 23, 2012 6:30 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. The season of Lent has begun for Christians, and one church in Cincinnati made Ash Wednesday easier for parishioners too busy to get to services on a weekday. Mount Healthy United Methodist Church offered a drive-through blessing. Believers got the traditional cross of ashes smudged onto their foreheads without getting out of their cars. Ashes on the go has caught on around the country, with blessings at bus stops, campuses and even a Starbucks. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.