Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
Oh! Pears On 'World Cafe: Next'
Oh! Pears is the brainchild of Seattle native Corey Duncan, who started the 13-piece group after a split with his former band Pattern Is Movement. With two violas, a violin, two cellos, four guitars, two drum stations, a flute, a trumpet and plenty of voices, Oh! Pears creates robust layers of instrumentation and vocals on its latest EP, Fill Your Lungs.
Having just completed a European tour with TV on the Radio this summer, Oh! Pears also draws from influences such as Grizzly Bear, The Dirty Projectors and Beirut for a varied style of orchestral rock. Hear Oh! Pears' expansive and accessible sound in this week's installment of World Cafe: Next.