Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Shape of Shreveport documentary series probes city's past, celebrates its people
- Red River Radio Spotlight: American Boys Choir
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
It Was A Good Year For...
For Novak Djokovic, A Year To Celebrate In Tennis
In 2011, Novak Djokovic had just about the best year a male tennis player has ever had, including wins at three of the four Grand Slam tournaments.
"This is the athlete of the year," says Jon Wertheim of Sports Illustrated. "This is a brutal, brutal sport. This guy is playing on six continents, every surface....This is one of the all time great years in open tennis history."
This year, Djokovic also kept to a gluten-free diet. Must have been particularly difficult since his family's business is a pizza parlor.