Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Night Beds On World Cafe
Originally published on Wed April 3, 2013 7:09 pm
Night Beds is the work of Winston Yellen, who originally started making music in his hometown of Colorado Springs. But he traveled to Nashville to write the songs for Night Beds' debut album, Country Sleep, in a pre-Civil War cabin once owned by Johnny Cash.
The lyrics may have come from Nashville, but the record's open, dusty sound is pure Colorado. Yellen brings his amazing, wide-ranging voice to this installment of World Cafe, playing songs from Country Sleep as well as a track that didn't make the album.