Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
Next: Save The Clocktower
Originally published on Tue September 11, 2012 1:39 pm
Chicago's Save the Clocktower formed in 2008 and kicked off its career in earnest the next year, when longtime friends Greg Newton (drums, vocals), Jimmy Shenk (keyboards) and Sean Paras (guitar/vocals) recorded their self-titled EP. In 2011, they released their first full-length album, Carousel, which is available as a free download on their Bandcamp page. Recently, a fourth member was added: bass player and older brother to Greg, Chris Newton.
STC's new album, Through the Glass, was released in July. Electronic instruments help inspire the '70s dance-music vibes in Save the Clocktower's pop melodies. Hear songs from the new album, an infectious collection of indie-pop songs, in this installment of World Cafe: Next.