Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Next: Moon Taxi
Originally published on Tue October 9, 2012 10:31 am
Based in Nashville, Tenn., Moon Taxi formed in 2006 on the campus of Belmont University, and released its debut album, Melodica, the following year. The band spent the next few years winning over fans through festival performances and writing material for this year's Cabaret. A departure from the jam-rock sound of Melodica, Cabaret mixes electronic, hip-hop and soul music — inspired in part by Philip Glass, The Beatles, Radiohead and movie director Quentin Tarantino.