Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
Next: Jordan Hull
Originally published on Thu September 6, 2012 9:34 am
Jordan Hull has always been a creative type. Growing up in Dayton, Ohio, Hull explored theater, writing and painting, and eventually got into music as an escape during his rebellious high-school years. Now in Nashville, the 23-year-old singer-songwriter writes lyrics that draw inspiration from great troubadours of yesteryear, including Bob Dylan and Woody Guthrie.
After working with the Philadelphia band Toy Soldiers, Hull recently released his solo album, Who's Gonna Teach You to Live, which embraces an appealing mix of indie folk and pop-rock. Hear "Better Judgement" and "How Are You Gonna Live" from that album in this installment of World Cafe Next.