Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
Next: Jacco Gardner
Dutch multi-instrumentalist and producer Jacco Gardner's debut album, Cabinet of Curiosities, offers a fresh take on the baroque pop sound of the 1960s. Gardner plays every instrument on the record except drums, and his studio acumen, command of instrumentation and sense of arrangement recall and update the kind of ornate songs orchestrated by groups like The Left Banke and The Zombies and producers like Brian Wilson and Van Dyke Parks.
Hear two tracks from Cabinet of Curiosities in this installment of World Café: Next.