Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
Next: Hanni El Khatib
Hanni El Khatib is a first-generation American who grew up with a Palestinian father and a Filipino mother in San Francisco. His music has origins in '50s and '60s soul, blues, R&B and garage rock, with all those influences filtered through an intense love of punk music.
El Khatib's 2011 debut, Will the Guns Come Out, was a raw and profane blast, while the recent Head in the Dirt is a product of time spent with The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach in his Easy Eye Nashville studio. Hear two songs from Head in the Dirt here.