Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
Next: The Great American Canyon Band
The Great American Canyon Band is a Baltimore indie-folk act featuring husband-and-wife duo Paul and Krystal Jean Masson. The pair's first single, "Tumbleweed," is a lovely, dreamy piece of countrified rock, destined for road trips. The rest of the self-titled EP came out in May, and an additional track, "Young Lady," was released on Sept. 5; it's available for download here.
The duo's harmony-rich sound is alternately mellow, sad, wistful, romantic and sweeping. The Great American Canyon Band has been compared to The Duchess & The Duke and Lost in the Trees. WXPN's The Key describes the pair's EP as "a gorgeous collection of hypnotic songs that draws on [a] heady mix of dream pop, acousticana and psychedelia."