Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
World Cafe Next: Elastic Bond
Originally published on Fri October 3, 2014 2:08 pm
The Miami-based Latin alternative band Elastic Bond has a varied sound that's hard to pinpoint. Its debut album, Real, contains tropical elements well suited to its home state of Florida, but funky horns and retro-leaning samples help freshen that sound. The combination of genres goes well with the band's name, which references a chemical equation.
Venezuelan producer Andres Ponce and Honduran singer Sofy Cantato also drop influences like A Tribe Called Quest into the mix, and describe their band as looking backwards in order to move ahead. In this installment of World Cafe: Next, hear two songs from the new album.