Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
Newport Jazz Festival
Newport Jazz Festival: The Three Cohens Live
Airs Tuesday, April 9 at 9 p.m. Yuval Cohen on saxophone, Anat Cohen on reeds and Avishai Cohen on trumpet. They are all siblings from Israel. They're also among the growing number of terrific jazz musicians from that country; Anat and Avishai have both had bookings for their own bands at Newport in recent years. Naturally, the three Cohens occasionally record and perform together as a band, whose original pieces and arrangements are supported by a rhythm section. It's a family reunion you won't secretly dread. They are joined on stage by Reuben Rogers on bass, Rudy Royston on drums and Aaron Goldberg on piano.
"Blues For Dandi's Orange Bull Chasing An Orange Sack"
"With The Soul Of The Greatest Of Them All"
"Shufla De Shufla"
This concert is made possible by NPR Music and was recorded at the 2012 Newport Jazz Festival.