Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Newport Jazz Festival
Newport Jazz Festival: Robert Glasper Experiment Live
Airs Monday, June 2 at 8 p.m. One gets the sense that the pianist feels completely at ease with his Experiment quartet, running his right hand in circles, cracking jokes and switching directions on the fly. Along the way, he's cracked the mold of how jazz might approach the hip-hop and R&B of today. The breakout success of last year's album Black Radio, with its real-time boom-bap and myriad vocal cameos, has already led to a sequel, due out near Halloween.Hear a freewheeling set of vamps and vocoder from the hip-hop hybrid band, with a Herbie Hancock tune followed by a Daft Punk cover.
Robert Glasper, piano/keyboard
Casey Benjamin, alto saxophone/vocoder
Derrick Hodge, electric bass
Mark Colenburg, drums
Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box (Radiohead)
Cherish the Day (Sade)
Get Lucky (Daft Punk)
Lift Off (Glasper)
Fall/Speak No Evil (Wayne Shorter)
All Matter (Bilal)