Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Newport Jazz Festival
Newport Jazz Festival: Rez Abbasi Acoustic Quartet In Concert
Airs Monday, August 18 at 8 p.m. Guitarist Rez Abbasi has spent plenty of time immersing himself in South Asian music; he also has plenty of full-on jazz chops. In his own music as a bandleader, he treads in the wide space between one and the other. Abbasi's set at the CareFusion Newport Folk Festival in Newport, R.I., features his latest band, a group that features his acoustic guitar paired with vibraphone, bass and drums.
Rez Abbasi, acoustic guitar
Bill Ware, vibraphone
Stephan Crump, bass
Eric McPherson, drums
Punjab (Joe Henderson)
Personal Mountains (Keith Jarrett)
Up On The Hill
Lament" (Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan)