Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Newport Jazz Festival
Newport Jazz Festival: Lewis Nash Quintet Live
Airs Tuesday, June 11 at 9 p.m. Drummer Lewis Nash is certainly no stranger to prestigious festival stages; he's served in bands led by Betty Carter, Branford Marsalis and Tommy Flanagan, and that was relatively early in his career. So it's a great move to give the supporting cast member, who truly innovates within jazz traditions, a share of the spotlight. One of the bands he leads features the front line of Jeremy Pelt on trumpet and Jimmy Greene on tenor sax, with Donald Vega on piano and Peter Washington on bass.
"Arioso" (James Williams)
"Eronel" (Thelonious Monk)
"I Never Told You" (Johnny Mandel)
"Ain't Nothin' Nu" (Thad Jones)