Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Newport Jazz Festival
Newport Jazz Festival: Lewis Nash Quintet Live
Airs Tuesday, June 11 at 9 p.m. Drummer Lewis Nash is certainly no stranger to prestigious festival stages; he's served in bands led by Betty Carter, Branford Marsalis and Tommy Flanagan, and that was relatively early in his career. So it's a great move to give the supporting cast member, who truly innovates within jazz traditions, a share of the spotlight. One of the bands he leads features the front line of Jeremy Pelt on trumpet and Jimmy Greene on tenor sax, with Donald Vega on piano and Peter Washington on bass.
"Arioso" (James Williams)
"Eronel" (Thelonious Monk)
"I Never Told You" (Johnny Mandel)
"Ain't Nothin' Nu" (Thad Jones)