Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Newport Jazz Festival
Newport Jazz Festival: John Hollenbeck Large Ensemble In Concert
Airs Monday, December 16 at 8 p.m. As a drummer, John Hollenbeck is astoundingly precise and creative with his beatmaking. As a composer, he's going after something akin to that: The regulated insistence of classical minimalism with the flexible color palette of jazz, plus a healthy dose of demented dry humor. And with vocalists Theo Bleckmann and Kate McGarry both signed on for the gig, as well as guest soloist Uri Caine on piano, he had some special covers up his sleeve for his Large Ensemble's
Newport set on the rainy Quad Stage:
Wichita Lineman (Jimmy Webb)
The Model (Kraftwerk)
Canvas (Imogen Heap)
A Man of Constant Sorrow (traditional)
All My Life (Ornette Coleman)