Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
Newport Jazz Festival: Bill Frisell Live
Airs Tuesday, February 5 at 9 p.m. Bill Frisell is a soft-spoken guy who does a lot of talking with his guitar — and its pedals and effects. So perhaps it's appropriate that he recently issued an album called All We Are Saying, a collection of John Lennon songs. Though he's known primarily for working with other improvisers, he's of the Baby Boomer generation, and he doesn't hide his love for Beatles songs away. With a band including steel guitarist Greg Leisz, violinist Jenny Scheinman, bassist Tony Scherr, and drummer Kenny Wollesen, Frisell doesn't reinvent the wheel — but he certainly gives it a new spin.
Set List: "Across The Universe" "Beautiful Boy" "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" "#9 Dream" "Come Together" "In My Life" "Strawberry Fields Forever" This concert is made possible by NPR Music and was recorded at the 2012 Newport Jazz Festival.