Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Newport Jazz Festival
Newport Jazz Festival 2013: Donny McCaslin Group
Airs Monday, April 21 at 8 p.m. Should you ever meet Donny McCaslin, you'll encounter an imposingly tall fellow who's one of the nicest guys you'll shake hands with — and who wields a sax like few others. His band has gone electro-funk with fuzz-dub bass, analog synths and hard grooves. One of his newer tunes is called "Stadium Jazz," which is a little tongue-in-cheek and with a little bit of the grand vision implied. They played a side stage in the morning. The audience didn't know what hit 'em.
Donny McCaslin, tenor saxophone
Jason Lindner, keyboards
Tim Lefebvre, electric bass
Nate Wood, drums
"Perpetual Motion" (McCaslin)
"Stadium Jazz" (McCaslin)
"Losing Track of Daytime" (McCaslin)