Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Newport Jazz Festival
Newport Jazz Festival 2013: Donny McCaslin Group
Airs Monday, April 21 at 8 p.m. Should you ever meet Donny McCaslin, you'll encounter an imposingly tall fellow who's one of the nicest guys you'll shake hands with — and who wields a sax like few others. His band has gone electro-funk with fuzz-dub bass, analog synths and hard grooves. One of his newer tunes is called "Stadium Jazz," which is a little tongue-in-cheek and with a little bit of the grand vision implied. They played a side stage in the morning. The audience didn't know what hit 'em.
Donny McCaslin, tenor saxophone
Jason Lindner, keyboards
Tim Lefebvre, electric bass
Nate Wood, drums
"Perpetual Motion" (McCaslin)
"Stadium Jazz" (McCaslin)
"Losing Track of Daytime" (McCaslin)