Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
New Zealand Couple Spends $80,000 On Bucket List
Originally published on Tue June 19, 2012 8:48 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A New Zealand couple received shattering news. The husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer. So they made a list of things to do before he died, which is how they spent $80,000 on food and travel. Then, according to the New Zealand Herald, their bad news turned good. The diagnosis was wrong. He's not about to die. But the good news is also bad news, because they're now broke. At least they got trips to Australia and Fiji. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.