Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates: Should We Abolish the Death Penalty
New Texas state historian hails from Carthage
Retired Panola College history instructor Bill O'Neal will serve a two-year term. He was sworn in this week by Texas Gov. Rick Perry. O'Neal will crisscross the state attending historical meetings and speaking to groups as the state historian. He calls it a "dream job."