Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Music Of Baroque
Music Of The Baroque Holiday Special
Airs Tuesday, December 17 at 11 a.m. The WFMT Radio Network and Music of the Baroque wish you and yours A Joyous Holiday Season, as we offer our annual presentation of their Brass and Choral Holiday Concert for your listening pleasure.
Please join our host, Kerry Frumkin, as he guides you through music of the 16th and 17th centuries by composers such as Boris Ord, Paul Manz, Samuel Scheidt; Claudio Monteverdi, Giovanni Gabrieli; Arvo Pärt, Benjamin Britton, Harod Darke and John Tavener among others. Brass instruments have long been associated with ceremony and celebration. Ubiquitous inRenaissance court pageantry, their connection to royalty and wealth lent an air of respectability to any occasion. Courts and churches capitalized upon the exalted status of brass instruments, flaunting their virtuoso players and composers in order to enhance their reputations.