Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Around the Nation
Missing Tourist In Iceland Finds Herself
Originally published on Thu August 30, 2012 3:04 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. This story begins with a tourist in Iceland who went missing. Police called for help searching for a woman described as five foot two and of Asian descent. She apparently walked off from a tour bus. Authorities planned a helicopter search. Other people pitched in, including a tourist who's five foot two and of Asian descent. Turns out, after changing clothes, the bus driver didn't recognize her. She called police to report that she was the missing tourist and that she had been searching for herself. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.